Kiddos

Dec 10, 2013

Trinity's 9th Birthday


I can't believe that Trin is already 9 years old. It amazes me how fast time goes by these days. She is the best little girl anyone could ask for.  She has matured so much in this past year that it makes me happy and sad at the same time. She is incredibly crafty and very smart. She worries so much about making everyone else happy that I have to remind her to slow down and focus on herself.  

For her birthday this year she was able to invite anyone from school to have a sleepover. The theme she picked was Owls.....   I started browsing Pinterest and found these cute little hand made owls. I thought this looks pretty easy and simple...  Whoa.....   they were definitely easy and simple, but incredibly time consuming...    Not only did I have to learn a new way to stitch, I had to learn how to use a sewing machine (which I still do not no how to use it, GRRR) ...  It took a team effort to put these little guys together.


First step: getting all felt patterns cut out, and hand sew each detail

Trin stuffing them, Nana sewing them together

Since Nana wasn't here, Bobby did better than me on the sewing machine

Cell phone holders we put invites in.  Also very time consuming

Phone case/invitation

Hard work paid off, they were a hit and the girls loved them.

They each came with a birth certificate and a little description of each personality

ACTUAL BIRTHDAY 

For her actual birthday (November 7) Trin wanted to take some cake pops for the entire class. Sometimes being crafty can be very exhausting!



9 years old 

Tootsie had to check them out too

She woke up to this banner from her first birthday, she was a bit confused

Later that night Bobby took her and Liam to eat at Red Robin and play at Chuck E Cheese, and then open a few presents....

Build a Bear One Direction bear that sings LOUD and dances

A disco party light


BIRTHDAY SLEEPOVER/PARTY

This was Trin's first sleepover with 2 girls from her class. 


Maddy, Nevaeha T. & Trin

Opening gifts from the girls

Doing each other's nails
Make up time

Glow in the dark scavenger hunt (I kept the flash on)

Making balloon animals and seeing which owl they got

It was hard for them to decide on which owl to get so they drew numbers
. It's funny how Trin ended up with the Crafty Owl. 

Lennon loved the attention from the girls

Time for bed

Not bad at all, I figured they would have stayed up later

Saturday morning

All decorated pretty thanks to Dad

Smore owl party favors


The cake....    

I found a sparkler candle (which I've never seen before) and it was awesome, but it scared her

At this point he was done with having so many girls over

We are both sad she is 9.   

More girls and lots of crafts

She got lots of great gifts

With so much going on, we forgot about the pinata


I think Josh was confused since he could hit it

Shawn and Bobby TRYING to fix it since the owl was too heavy

So the reason it was heavy is because I filled it with all the Halloween candy and
I thought it would be great to get rid of at the party. In the end we still ended
up with most of it back in the house.