Kiddos

Jul 16, 2013

First Time's For Lennon

We've started feeding therapy for Lennon and they show us different techniques to try and teach him how to chew, swallow and more importantly to eat. The first step is to let him feed himself with no help from us, and that means letting him get dirty. I will admit that it is hard to see him covered from head to toe sticky, but it seems that we are making progress little by little. Right now we are only feeding him yogurt and cheerios with stars mixed in. He was eating watermelon and a piece of grilled cheese, but now he has no interest in them at all. His main source of nutrition at this point is still Pedisure, and he is finally up to 20 pounds. 






First Haircut

Bye bye curls



First time having a sucker, he didn't know what to do with it




All done


He wouldn't sit in the chair by himself so he sat on my lap. He didn't like the lady touching his head so they were only able to cut a little bit.

New Room, New Bed

Up until this point Lennon has been sleeping in our room in a port a crib next to me. Since it's been so hot and our rooms are upstairs I decided I would lay him down for a nap in just a diaper. His nap time usually works out that he wakes up when Bobby gets home from work and he will get him and bring him down. This time was a little different and he yelled for me to help him, I thought Lennon had puked again since he pukes at least once a day. I had completely forgot he was only in a diaper and when I walked into our room there was poop all over Lennon's entire body (including his face) blankets, pillow and all over his bed.
(I'm not sure why every time Lennon pukes that Trin and Liam think they have to come and inspect and then say EWWWWW,  but when they saw the poop painted everywhere (including his face) they were in total shock. I think they are traumatized for life now...)
Since Lennon constantly pukes, Bobby and I have this routine:
I give Lennon a bath while Bobby cleans the mess; shampooing carpet and sanitizing the bed. This time  since it was poop, his bed needed some serious cleaning. It didn't dry in time for bed so we decided to try and put him in the boys room in his crib. He is like me and has to have the room dark and quiet, and Liam is the complete opposite more like his dad and likes the TV on. Since it's summer time, Trin and Liam have been staying up late and having sleepovers, so now Liam is sleeping in Trin's room and loves it. Lennon didn't cry at all and slept through the entire night.





He was a happy baby in the morning

Car seat

Yay! Lennon finally hit 20 pounds. He got the OK from Dr to be in a front facing car seat. He was confused at first but once he saw there was a TV right in front of him he was happy.