Kiddos

May 22, 2013

Tootsie "Toots"


Trinity has always been an animal lover, so when her hamster (Princess) passed away in December she has been asking us for another hamster. I really didn't want another one so I started researching the possibility of rescuing a dog. A few years ago we went down that road and adopted Sugar. It was our first big dog and we realized we do better with smaller dogs. It's very hard to find and adopt a Chihuahua that will do good with kids and Kane. I met about 5 different dogs through Paca, Watermelon Ranch and the pound and not one of them would fit into our family. So we decided we would get another baby Chihuahua for the family, but mainly for Trin since she has done excellent in school this year.  I drove and got Tootsie early Saturday morning and was back a little after lunch. The kids thought I was running errands so Bobby kept them busy at the toy store. When I got home I put Tootsie in the side gate and then I came through the garage. Bobby told them to go outside to play and show me what they had learned. Since Tootsie is so small it took her a long time to walk around into the backyard. Finally Liam spotted her and said there's a dog right there. Trin turned around and thought it was her friends dog, but she's too small, she was confused. We told her that was the new family dog and I don't think that it sank in until a few hours later. She was completely surprised and excited. She has been doing great with her (I just hope she keeps it up).


On the way home (6 weeks old)

She did great on the road

She was surprised

Trin has her hands full now


Kane meets Toots

At the Vet weighing in at 1.1 pound

We hadn't planned on giving Tootsie a bath since the breeder already had her nice and clean for us. You really can't tell just how small she is in the pictures, but she is tiny and Kane is alot bigger than her. She has been doing great going potty outside, and her and Kane are getting along very well. That is until he decided he was going to pee directly on her head and face.